Friday 3 October 2014

Quarterly Favourites #3

It's that time again, today I'm rounding up my favourites from the past 3 months. That's July, August and September.


I have a couple of skincare items and the rest is makeup. I've actually done posts on a lot of these products so I'll link them along the way.

Skincare:



Avene Eau Thermal: AKA Water in a Can. I have been using this all summer on myself and unwilling family members to help cool us down when we were going through an insane heatwave. I also love using this after cleansing but before moisturising. I feel like it's one of the main reasons my eczema cleared up.


It has so many possible uses, I really recommend this if you have sensitive and/or irritated skin.

Superdrug Dehydrated Konjac Sponge:



"Did you keep the packaging for 3 months and then dry out the sponge for the purpose of this image?" I hear you ask. Yes. Yes I did.
Konjac sponges are made of vegetable fibre which help to very gently exfoliate your skin. When you get one of these, it's very small and rock hard. Being a sponge, it triples in size when wet. 
This can be used with or without product to exfoliate or to remove makeup. I like to use it with just water to exfoliate or occasionally with La Roche Posay Effeclar face wash gel for a deep clean. You only need the tiniest bit of product when using this sponge. You're meant to replace it every 3 months so I'll be picking up a replacement soon.

The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter: I have a full review of this here. I've been using this cleansing balm to remove my makeup and also just the cleanse my un-makeup-ed face if my skin is looking a little dull. This honestly brightens up your skin. I've used this on a couple of people for facials and the difference in their skin after removal is unreal. I'm almost finished my tub so this is another item on my repurchase list!


Inecto Pure Coconut Heat Protecting Leave-In Conditioner: This is technically haircare but it can go in the skincare section. I've got a full post on this as well but it's basically a conditioner that you spray onto wet hair that also contains heat protection. This is so conditioning and leaves my hair so soft and shiny.

Makeup:


Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Olé Flamingo!: I absolutely love these lipsticks. They apply like a lipgloss and give a completely matte finish when dry. I've been loving the shade Olé Flamingo! a lot, it's an intense bright-dark pink.


I forgot to swatch it but the product is pretty true to colour. Unfortunately they really dry out your lips but they last for hours and just look really cool!

Maybelline Master Smoky Shadow Pencil: I absolutely love using this for a quick, easy smoky eye. On one end is a thick pencil, on the other is a sponge for smudging. My full post is here if you'd like a more in-depth description.

NYX Matte Lipstick in Tea Rose: You could have probably guessed that this would make my favourites. You can see swatches and a review on these lipsticks here. Tea Rose is a beautiful neutral dusty pink and I can't get enough of it.

Benefit Gimme Brow in Medium/Deep: I don't want to go into a lot of detail here because I have a full post coming up on this very soon. I've been using this to do my eyebrows for the past couple of months. It's a teeny tiny mascara for your eyebrows that fills and colours your brows.

Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray: I have a full review on this too which you can check out here. This setting spray is amazing for keeping your makeup in place for hours on end. It's oil free and paraben free and helps to keep your face cool.

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge: This was a bit of a rediscovery for me. I used to use this sponge to apply my foundation and powder last year but kind of forgot about it when I entered the world of makeup brushes. I've got to get a new one as this has a big rip in it but it's only around €6 as opposed to €20 for a Beauty Blender. I use this damp to apply my foundation and it gives flawless coverage.

I honestly thought I'd taken a lot more photos but apparently not! There's plenty in my individual reviews though.

My little brother also requested his Lego man be included in this post so I'll include those photos now.



So, what have you been loving recently?
I'll be back with my last Quarterly Favourites (WHAT?!!) of the year in December.

I hope you enjoyed this post! Thanks for reading :) 







4 comments:

  1. Great selection of favourites, I'll definitely be checking out those skincare bits, especially the Konjac sponge. I am also loving the RT complexion sponge, it's amazing for a flawless foundation application x

    Beauty with charm | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I got the sponge in Belfast 99p or something so it's well worth it! :) Let me know if you get it and what you think! Such love for everything Real Techniques haha x

      Delete
  2. Those are great picks! I really want to try the Urban Decay setting spray, it seems like a really useful product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely get the travel size one so you can try it out. It's brilliant for me because I have a very sweaty face hahaha x

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.

© Beauty, Lifestyle, Ramblings with Nicholle, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena