Monday 17 February 2014

Products That Let Me Down


1. Rimmel Fix and Perfect Pro Primer
I don't usually use a primer but I had heard so many good things about this one that I decided to pick it up. The first thing I noticed was the overpowering smell which I can only describe as an old lady scent. It didn't help my makeup stay on longer, in fact I feel that it did the opposite. It did't create a smoother base to work on than moisturiser alone. The main problem I had with this was the fact that it takes so much product to cover your face. I thought at first I was using too much but after 6 uses the tube was half empty. I have quite a small face and I was never left with excess product after applying. Overall I was just really disappointed with this product after trying so hard to love it.

2. Rimmel Wake Me Up Instant Radience Shimmer Touch 
This is a mousse blush that claims to be highly blendable and gives you a "long lasting flush of colour". I found it was nothing but shimmer and had barely any pigment to it. Not much to say about it other than it just doesn't really do anything but make your face sparkle.

3. Aveeno Moisturising Cream
Back in early December the cold weather was really taking its toll on my skin. I know a lot of people who sing Aveeno's praises so I figured I'd try this out. It has an almost marzipan scent which I found quite sickly. It stays sticky on the skin and doesn't do anything special. It was a total waste of money in my book but I know a lot of people would disagree.

4. Benifit Boi-ing Concealer
Originally my mom had bought this for herself but didn't like it and asked if I wanted it. Of course I said yes and couldn't wait to try it out. This is in shade 01 (I actually need shade 02) but other than being slightly too light, I found it such a let down. It's extremely dry in consistency and has a grey looking effect if used near any blue undertones. Like a lot of Benefit products, this falls under the category of "way too expensive when I can find a better product for a third of the price". Seventeen Phwoarr Paint Heavy Duty Under Eye Concealer is a much cheaper and better alternative.  

5. Miss Manga Mascara
I found this product to be so hyped up and such a let down. I have  a full review here so check that out.

I don't have a lot of products that I dislike because I try so hard to make myself like them but these are a few things I just can't get on with.
Do you have any products that you really regret buying or that didn't live up to expectations? Do you like any of these things and can't believe that someone could hate them? Let me know.
Thanks for stopping by :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© Beauty, Lifestyle, Ramblings with Nicholle, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena