Monday 27 January 2014

DIY Honey and Cinnamon Face Mask

Today I'm going to show you how to make an extremely easy DIY honey and cinnamon face mask.


This is suitable for any skin type including sensitive, acne prone and dry.
Honey has many beneficial properties. It's both hydrating and antibacterial. It helps to reduce redness and inflammation, clear up your skin and, with regular use, prevent breakouts.
The reason behind the cinnamon is to increase bloodflow to your face. This helps to encourage collagen production to keep your skin looking plump and healthy.
This face mask is incredibly easy to make and leaves your skin silky smooth, clean and hydrated.
To make this mask all you need is some organic honey and ground cinnamon.


First take one heaped teaspoon of honey and a half to a full teaspoon of cinnamon.


I tend to just play it by eye when making this, there's no need for exact measurements.

Next you just mix it up until you've got a thick, slightly runny paste. You can pop this in the microwave for maximum heating but I just use it as is.


Before you apply, you'll want to cleanse your face of any make-up or dirt.
Now you can go ahead and apply it using whatever method you prefer. I tend to use the spoon that I mixed the mask with but you can use your hands or a clean foundation brush.
Leave it on for 10-20 minutes while you relax.
To remove the mask use warm water and your fingers or a face cloth. Once your skin is squeaky clean, splash with cold water and dab dry with a clean towel.
The honey will sink into your skin and continue to work it's magic over the next few hours.
Your face will be moderately to extremely red once you've washed this off depending on the amount of cinnamon you added but that's nothing to worry about provided it dies down within the hour.
You can do this mask up to twice a week or, like me, whenever you remember.
I've been doing this mask on and off since November and I have to say, my skin has improved immensely. I don't have acne prone skin but since using this mask, I've noticed the amount of silly breakouts has reduced by more than half.
I really recommend giving this a try if your skin needs a little TLC. You can include this as part of your weekly pamper routine or mix up a big batch with your friends during a girly night in.

Let me know if you decide to give it a try and tell me what you think of it. :)

1 comments:

  1. Wow I would love to make this face!!!

    p.s. I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! You can read all about it in my latest post http://justbeinghannah.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/getting-to-know-me-liebster-award.html

    Just Hannah xxx

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

© Beauty, Lifestyle, Ramblings with Nicholle, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena