Monday 6 January 2014

2013 Favourites

Hey guys!
Today I've decided to share with you a few of my beauty favourites from 2013.


I'm not going to do an in depth review of each item or I'd be typing until next year but I will tell you what's made them special enough to make it to this list.

1. Maybeline The Falsies/The Falsies Flared


The Falsies has been my go-to mascara for the majority of this year. It seperates your lashes so well and gives amazing length. I really can't fault it. I recently went to get a new tube but literally everywhere was sold out. I ended up picking up The Falsies Flared and boy am I glad I did! Much like the regular Falsies, it has a spoon brush, however it's a 2 step mascara. You coat your lashes like normal then flip the brush over to add "flare".  It creates beautifully defined lashes without clumping just like the original version. Unless someone can top these two, I can imagine myself writing about them in my 2014 favourites.

2. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder


This powder has been a staple in my make-up bag for about 4 years now. It does exactly what it says on the tin. I use the shade 001 Transparent to set my foundation without adding any unwanted colour. I only ever have to touch it up if I've been out all day and I'm heading out again later. I love this powder because it's non caking, long lasting and gives a flawless finish.

3. Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation


This light to medium coverage foundation gives a flawless finish and is only slightly dewy. Much like the Wake Me Up foundation, it contains light reflecting pigments. Unlike the Wake Me Up foundtion, it doesn't make you look like you're melting. I love this foundation. Even though it's a heavier coverage than I'm used to, once buffed in, it's virtually undetectable.

4. MAC All That Glitters


I love this eyeshadow. It's incredibly versatile. It's buildable and blendable, works brilliantly with a flick of liquid liner or on its own with a sweep of mascara. What I love the most about this eyeshadow is it's staying power. I find it lasts equally as long without a primer as with. Perfect if you like to keep it simple on your lids.

5. Real Techniques Buffing Brush


If you're looking to try out a buffing brush then this is the one I would recommend. This is another item I can't fault. It blends your foundation beautifully, it's really easy to use and it's great quality. I love the Real Techniques Core Collection but I can easily say that the buffing brush is my favourite.

6. Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge


I purchased this sponge at the beginning of the year and within a few days I knew I'd still be using it months down the line. It's so soft and possesses the most amazing blending powers when wet. I use the flat side of the sponge to dab on my powder after I buff in my foundation. I love the finish it gives as opposed to using a powder brush. You can add more powder where you want it without worrying about wiping off your foundation or looking caked.

7. Sweet Almond Oil


I've been using sweet almond oil on my face once a week at bedtime since last year. After cleansing, I apply a small amount to my face, focusing under my eyes and on any dryness which is usually in and around the nose area. I find it really helps to hydrate your skin and combat any fine lines caused by dehydration under the eyes. I recommend this stuff to anyone who'll listen.

8. Tangle Teezer


I haven't used a regular hairbrush since purchasing my Tangle Teezer. I don't know what to say about it other than "try it!". It glides through almost all hair types, doesn't tug or pull no matter how windswept your locks are and it gives your hair a finish that I've never had with any hairbrush. You can use it on wet and dry hair without a problem. I've never had it pull my hair and I've used it after some pretty intense days on the beach.

I recommend all of the above to any of you. It takes a lot for me to say I love a product but I truly do love all of these.
I'm looking forward to seeing what new products I can add to my list over the next few months.
Please let me know if there's any products that you've been enjoying so I can check them out. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© Beauty, Lifestyle, Ramblings with Nicholle, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena