Thursday 4 September 2014

Maybelline Super Stay 7 Days Gel Nail Polish Review

I'm a big fan of Barry M nail polishes and they make up the majority of my collection but sometimes I just find my nails chipping within a couple of days of application.
I saw Amelia Liana raving about Maybelline's 7 Day Gel nail polishes. I was in Superdrug a few weeks ago and decided I might as well pop a couple into my basket.
I'm so glad I did, these are amazing nail polishes and a new favourite of mine.


I got the shades Pink Volt and Devine Wine.

I only noticed this when taking the photos but one polish is Megawatt and one is Forever Strong but I don't really know why or what the difference is.

Both of the colours I got are highly pigmented and are potentially a one-coater. The only reason it needs the two coats is that the white of your nails can be seen through the polish. You can see in the picture below that the whites of my nails are still visible after two coats of Pink Volt. It's no where near that obvious in real life but you can still see them slightly.

I find Pink Volt lasts longer than Devine Wine.



I got a full 5 days out of Pink Volt the first time I used it and only repainted them because I was having withdrawals from doing my nails! The second time I used it, I was 3 days in and only took it off because it was getting cold and I wanted to break out Devine Wine to match the weather.

After 5 Days
I think the main reason my right hand worse so much was because I had a bug bite (which I'm allergic to) and I couldn't stop scratching it. Gross? TMI? Welcome to my blog.

I'm someone who likes to paint their nails about three times a week so being able to look at my nails on Day 4 and see that they weren't even worn is a strange experience.



With Devine Wine I found my nails wearing quite quickly at the tips. The first time I used it was actually before bed, I washed my hair the next morning and three of my nails had small chips out of them. I got a little annoyed and ended up repainting those nails.
I've managed about 4 days out of Devine Wine each time I've used it but my nails end up looking pretty chipped and worn by then.

After 4 Days

The only problem (it's not even a problem) I have with these polishes is the size of the brushes.
If you have normal sized nails, this won't be a problem for you.
I have very small, thin nail beds and these brushes paint my fingers as well as my nails. My thumb and middle finger escape the brush but the rest of my fingers get a nice coat of polish too.



I never expect a full 7 days out of these "gel" polishes but being able to get more than 5 days without my nails chipping is amazing.

Maybelline do a clear topcoat in this range and I'm definitely going to buy it and see if it will prolong a manicure with a polish that I know is prone to chip after a day or two.

There's a wide range of colours to choose from and if I could, I would buy every single one of them. They retail around €5.99 which is midrange for nail polish but worth every cent as they last longer than Essie on my nails.

Let me know if you've tried these and what you thought of them!
Thanks for reading 




2 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

© Beauty, Lifestyle, Ramblings with Nicholle, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena