Tuesday 18 November 2014

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer

Concealers are something I really struggle with. I have massively dark circles under my eyes that also get a little red. I also get very dry under the eyes.


I had heard some great things about the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer so I decided to go ahead and get it. At €10.99 I was hoping it would mark the end of my concealer search. It didn't.
Sidenote: Is this called Instant Age-Rewind The Eraser Eye?..


I got the shade Light which was my first mistake because it's very grey against my rather yellow face.
It offers quite good coverage. It's buildable but feels light on the skin. It doesn't completely cover my darkness but it does cancel out the redness.


My big problem with this is the applicator. Most people dislike it because it gets messy - which is does - but I don't like it because it's very rough. I have ridiculously sensitive and reactive skin so even gently rubbing the weird fuzzy thing under my eyes feels like razor blades. I also find you have to twist it so much to get the product out, otherwise you have to dab the applicator onto your skin which hurts even more!!


It looks a little caked in the picture but I've never actually had that problem before. I'll continue to use this because it does a reasonable job once layered over foundation but I think I'll be giving in and buying Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer when I'm in Dublin this weekend!

What's your favourite undereye concealer? Let me know if you've tried this and what you think of it.

Thanks for reading! :) 








7 comments:

  1. I had this before and loved it while using it but never repurchased so it obviously didnt wow me. I'm currently loving Rimmel wake me up concealer, it's really light but if my circles are really dark I do have to use Bobbi Brown Corrector underneath as the coverage isn't amazing! I would also love to get my hands on the NARS one in the near future x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Wake Me Up Concealer but I need a higher coverage. I've heard mixed reviews about the Bobbi Brown corrector so I'm a little unsure about getting it! I'll certainly be picking up the Nars one though :) xxxx

      Delete
  2. I've never tried this but I've seen a lot of people pull the spongy thing off?
    I'm dying to try the nars one but I'm still a little unsure..I need to get a sample of it if they do them.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg can you do that? Haha must see what happens!! I'll do a review when I get it and maybe that will help make up your mind! :) xxxx

      Delete
    2. Yes and yes! I think you just yank it off lol looking forward to the review, enable me!:) x

      Delete
  3. I was just going to purchase this tomorrow! I don't think I will now because you're not too pleased with it lol.. I think I may go for the Nars Creamy Concealer too! I love Maybelline FIT Me :) x

    TR's Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's been a couple of times I've looked in the mirror and thought OMG THIS IS AMAZING but I think it's the sponge that's putting me off! I was actually going to get the Fit Me concealer and ended up putting it back recently haha. Looking forward to getting the Nars one, hopefully it'll solve my problems lol :) xxxx

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.

© Beauty, Lifestyle, Ramblings with Nicholle, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena