Sunday 25 May 2014

Urban Decay Naked Flushed Review


I purchased the Urban Decay Naked Flushed trio in the shade Naked a few months ago. I really don't like writing negative reviews but I won't pretend to like a product if I really can't stand it. 

This little palette contains a blusher, highlighter and bronzer.


The swatches below were applied to the palest part of my arm as you can't see them very well against 
any other part of me as they don't stand out properly against my skin tone.


The blush is a pretty, matte, deep pink shade. After swatching it I thought it would be the perfect colour to add a little flush to my cheeks. Unfortunately, it didn't blend very well and left me looking a little like a toddler had done my makeup.

The highlighter just wasn't... highlighty enough for me. I like my highlighter to be so shimmery that I blind animals and small children. This is more suited to someone who prefers a subtle glow.

The bronzer is matte. I don't understand why they thought a yellow, rusty mud shade would be a good colour to contour with but hey. When I applied this like I would my usual bronzer, I looked like I'd been Tangoed. 

When worn all together, I looked ridiculous. Think Homer Simpson's makeup gun. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures to show you the full result as my eczema means I can't wear any makeup at the moment.

I think the blush and highlighter would suit a paler skin tone nicely. The bronzer would look quite nice in the bin or in a box under your bed.
If I hate to rate this out of 5, I'd give it a 1.5. 

Urban Decay have now released three other shades of the Flushed palette. You can find them here.

Have any of you tried any of the Flushed palettes? Maybe I just got a bad one?  
I'd love to know how what you thought.

Thanks for reading! :) 



2 comments:

  1. From the swatches I can definitely see that the colours are very strange looking. I guess they had a good idea for the palette but it just didn't work out as good as planned. It's too bad because I have their naked basics eye palette and I am a fan of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so disappointing :( I love the Naked 1 and 2 so this was a real let down. X

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.

© Beauty, Lifestyle, Ramblings with Nicholle, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena