Monday 31 March 2014

Quarterly Favourites #1

I know most bloggers do monthly favourites but I find it a little difficult. I usually find something I love, ahem Maybeline The Falsies, and use it 24/7, repurchase it and forget that anything else in that category even exists.
I decided I'd divide the year in four quarters (how business like) and every three months, discuss my favourite products.
This post will cover from the start of January to the end of March. You can expect the second edition of this series in late June.


I'm not going to go into detail on every single item as I've already got full reviews on a couple of them and you'd end up cross-eyed by the time you finish reading this post.

First up, makeup:


The Pro Hygiene Collection Brush Cleaner - I know this isn't technically makeup but I'm including it in this section. I love this brush cleaner, it's so easy to use. You just spray it on your brush, wait a few seconds and wipe your brush clean. You can read my full review of this here.

Sudocrem -  I can hear the collective "huh??"s as you read this but there is method to my madness. You know when you're having a great skin week and then BAM, a breakout? Sudocrem is amazing in these situations. What I do is apply a large blob where needed before bed and then go to sleep. The next day, my skin is either clear or 80% there depending on the severity of the breakout. I just repeat this for the next couple of nights until my face is back to normal.

Lush Mint Julips Lip Scrub - I'm so obsessed with this lip scrub. It works wonders for dry flaky lips by gently exfoliating them. You just rub it on your lips for a minute then either wipe or lick off the remaining sugar granuals. It's meant to be mint-choc flavored but to me it's just a nice sweet mint taste. Either way it works brilliantly and tastes pretty good.

Sally Hanson Complete Salon Manicure in the shade Vitamin Sea - I love this nail polish. It's a beautiful shade of blue, comparable to Barry M Blueberry. It lasts for up to 7 days with minimal chipping. I love the formula and brush shape. It makes application so easy. Two coats gives complete opacity. I can't explain my love for this polish, all I can say is try it!

Wet n Wild Balm Stain lip crayon in the shade Red-dy or Not E125 - This lip product is amazing. It's extremely pigmented, doesn't dry out your lips and stays on for hours. Even after the gloss effect wears off, you're left with a really pretty stain that you can just pop some lip balm over for a "your lips but better" look.

MeMeMe Beat the Blues highlighter in the shade Pearl Pink - This highlighter is amazing. As I mentioned in a previous post, this is a brilliant dupe for Benefit's High Beam but only costs around €10. I use this every time I do my makeup, I just don't feel complete without it!

Next up is hair products:



L'oreal #TXT Volume Supersizing Spray - This texturising spray is great. I use it by spraying it onto the roots from underneath and then just fluffing up my hair. It creates volume and leaves quite a matte look on your hair. It's doesn't leave my hair feeling sticky or looking... crispy. This also has quite good hold but you do need to reapply it after a few hours.

Boots Build Up Removal Shampoo - Nobody likes having hair that feels dirty and unfortunately that can happen with too much product build up. If you use a lot of styling products or have a build up of shampoo that is leaving your scalp feeling a little uncomfortable then this will work wonders. I use it once every two weeks just to give my hair a good clean. A word of warning though, focus this on your roots only because it is very drying if it manages to find its way to the tips of your hair.  If you're looking for a cost efficient clarifying shampoo then I definitely recommend this.

Hask Keratin Protein Smoothing Shine Oil - If you remember last year I did a full review of the Hask Keratin shampoo and conditioner, this oil is part of that range. It can by applied to the tips of your hair, wet or dry. I personally use it on dry hair as I feel it doesn't do much for wet hair. This gives your hair a wonderful shine and is great at disguising any damage. I like to apply it as a finishing touch if I've straightened my hair or even if I'm leaving my hair down without heat styling (most days) and it's looking a bit frizzy. It lasts for ages because you only need to use such a small amount. For €2 you really can't go wrong.

Lastly, a few body products:


Right Gaurd for Women Total Defence Sensitive Deodorant - I've been using this deodorant since late last year and I have repurchased it 3 times, each time on a 2 for 1 deal. This smells so nice, I can't really describe it. It's not sweet, it is fresh but not that cotton scent kind of fresh. Now you're more confused than you were in the beginning, aren't you? Anyway, it works great, smells lovely and I just can't sing it's praises highly enough.

Soap & Glory Scrub of Your Life Body Scrub - I'm not usually one for body scrubs as my skin is pretty sensitive and a lot of them can be too rough. This scrub is very moisturising and quite gentle. It has the original S&G scent and like most of their products, a little goes a long way.

Soap & Glory Heel Genius Foot Cream - I think we have a tendency to think "ew feet" and completely overlook them with the exception of painting our toenails. I used to love this foot cream but for some reason completely forgot about it. I recently rediscovered it now remember why I used to love it so much. It's just a heavy duty moisturiser that smells a little funky but works wonders for keeping your feet smooth and looking not gross. If your feet need a little TCL then I suggest you try this out.

I really hope you enjoyed this post.
Let me know what products you've been loving recently and if you plan on trying any of the things I mentioned here.
Thanks for reading. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© Beauty, Lifestyle, Ramblings with Nicholle, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena